To further develop and exploit the emerging mouse mutant resource, mouse models must be preserved and made available to the European biomedical research community. To this effect, the EC FP7 funded INFRAFRONTIER-I3 project brings together the European Mouse Mutant Archive (EMMA) network and the leading European centers for systemic phenotyping of mouse mutants. The INFRAFRONTIER-I3 partners aim to meet the future challenges presented by phenotyping, archiving and disseminating mouse models in the European Research Area as follows:
- Contribute to resource development by archiving of 1215 new mouse mutant lines.
- Provide free of charge Transnational Access to mouse production and 1st line phenotyping capacities.
- Offer a specialized axenic service to produce, maintain and to distribute germ-free mice.
- Provide user friendly accession of INFRAFRONTIER services, extensive manual data curation and cross referencing with other mouse database.
- Improve user services by developing novel phenotyping and cryopreservation SOPs and by refining innovative research instrumentation.
- Engage with the user community using a wide range of PR activities, a dedicated user meeting and an industry liaison workshop.
- Offer state of the art cryopreservation and phenotyping training courses.
- Benchmark INFRAFRONTIER services with other major repositories.
The comprehensive physical and data resources that will be generated by INFRAFRONTIER-I3 will contribute to link basic biomedical research to medical applications and thereby drive innovation and support the Europe 2020 Strategy.
Work package WP1 - Management
Work package WP2 - Communication and user interaction
Work package WP3 - Innovation
Work package WP4 - Cryopreservation
Work package WP5 - Technology development
Work package WP6 - Informatics
Work package WP7 - Axenic service
Work package WP8 - Mouse production
Work package WP9 - Mouse phenotyping