Emergency archiving during COVID-19 crisis
Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, there is a need to archive various valuable mouse models. Traffic restrictions and other severe measures to slow the spread of the pandemic are in force, but some EMMA nodes are still active and may archive valuable strains.
Please directly contact your closest EMMA node from the list below for archiving possibilities. In contrast to the standard EMMA archiving service, which includes evaluation by an external scientific committee and is free of charge for depositors, the emergency service may come with service charges. Details will be provided by the EMMA nodes.
As the situation in the different countries is changing constantly, we can not give any guarantees. Whether mice can be imported also strongly depends on whether carrier companies are still servicing the respective route from the depositor institute to the EMMA node.
|CNRS Orléans, France|
|Helmholtz Zentrum München, Germany|
|MRC Harwell, UK|
|Karolinska Institute (KI), Stockholm, Sweden|
|CNR Monterotondo, Italy|
|University of Oulu, Finland|
|Institute of Molecular Genetics ASCR (IMG), Prague, Czech Republic|
These EMMA nodes are currently forced to close due to regional or national lockdowns and are therefore unable to accept external work at this time:
- BSRC Alexander Fleming, Vari - Athens, Greece
- CERBM-GIE, Strasbourg, France
- National Centre for Biotechnology, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
- EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
- Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, Oeiras, Portugal
- Netherlands Cancer Insitute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Sanger Institute, Hinxton, United Kingdom
- Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
- University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria