Citing this resource
How to Cite INFRAFRONTIER
- Ali Khan A, Valera Vazquez G, Gustems M, Matteoni R, Song F, Gormanns P, Fessele S, Raess M, Hrabĕ de Angelis M; INFRAFRONTIER Consortium. 2023. INFRAFRONTIER: mouse model resources for modelling human diseases. Mammalian Genome 34 (3): 408-17. doi: 10.1007/s00335-023-10010-7.
- Raess M, de Castro AA, Gailus-Durner V, Fessele S, Hrabě de Angelis M, and the INFRAFRONTIER Consortium. 2016. INFRAFRONTIER: A European Resource for Studying the Functional Basis of Human Disease. Mammalian Genome 27 (7): 445–50. doi: 10.1007/s00335-016-9642-y.
- INFRAFRONTIER Consortium. 2015. INFRAFRONTIER–Providing Mutant Mouse Resources as Research Tools for the International Scientific Community. Nucleic Acids Research 43: D1171–D1175. doi: 10.1093/nar/gku1193.
How to Cite EMMA
Please use this or a similar sentence when citing a mutant strain obtained from EMMA:
“We thank [insert Provider] for providing the mutant mouse/rat line (Allele:[state Allele]), INFRAFRONTIER/EMMA (www.infrafrontier.eu, PMID: 25414328), and [insert Distributor] from which the mouse/rat line was distributed (EM:xxxxx[state EMMA ID]).”
Please use this or a similar sentence when citing an EUCOMM/KOMP-CSD mutant strain obtained from EMMA:
“We thank [insert Provider] for providing the mutant mouse line (Allele:[state Allele]), INFRAFRONTIER/EMMA (www.infrafrontier.eu, PMID: 25414328), and [insert Distributor] from which the mouse line was distributed (EM:xxxxx[state EMMA ID]). Associated primary phenotypic information may be found at www.mousephenotype.org.”
Please include in the publication the references below:
- INFRAFRONTIER Consortium. (2015). INFRAFRONTIER–providing mutant mouse resources as research tools for the international scientific community. Nucleic Acids Res. 43, D1171–D1175.
- Skarnes WC, Rosen B, West AP, Koutsourakis M, Bushell W, Iyer V, Mujica AO, Thomas M, Harrow J, Cox T, Jackson D, Severin J, Biggs P, Fu J, Nefedov M, de Jong PJ, Stewart AF, Bradley A. (2011). A conditional knockout resource for the genome-wide study of mouse gene function. Nature. 474, 337-342.
Text in the [ ] space in the citation sentences from above should be filled in according to the strain being used. Instruction for each space is listed as below:
- Provider: ‘Provider’ and ‘Provider affiliation’ as in the ‘Information from provider’ section on the EMMA strain details page
- Allele: ‘Allele symbol’ as on the EMMA strain details page
- Distributor: ‘Archiving centre’ as in the ‘Information from EMMA’ section on the EMMA strain details page
- EMMA ID: EMMA’s unique 5-digit identifier in the format of EM:xxxxx