Next MRC Harwell cryo-course will be held in September 2015 - registration open
Monday, 16 March 2015
The course is intended to give animal technologists hands-on experience of the murine embryo and spermatozoa freezing techniques routinely used at Harwell. In addition, delegates will gain experience of a simple and robust in vitro fertilization procedure.
Participants will gain first-hand experience in following techniques:
- Cryopreservation of mouse embryos produced in vivo or in vitro.
- Cryopreservation of mouse spermatozoa, and their recovery by in vitro fertilisation.
- Thawing and use of cryopreserved embryos - mouse embryo transfer techniques will be demonstrated.
- Inventory and storage of cryopreserved samples.
- Safe packaging of cryopreserved samples for domestic or international shipment.