INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA – mouse phenotyping service
The EC FP7 funded INFRAFRONTIER-I3 project (2013 – 2016) supports eligible customers with a free of charge mouse phenotyping service implemented as a Transnational Access (TA) activity providing a total of 22 access units.
- Access unit: A comprehensive first line phenotyping of a mutant line with appropriate control. Possible starting materials are targeted ES cells, breeding pairs or frozen embryos depending on centre specific requirements.
- Cost: The INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA services are provided free of charge. Only shipment cost of ES cells or mice must be covered by the applicants.
- Eligibility: Applications for the INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA can be submitted from customers based in eligible countries, namely:
- EU Member States: Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Bulgaria (BG), Cyprus (CY), Czech Republic (CZ), Denmark (DK), Estonia (EE), Finland (FI), France (FR), Germany (DE), Greece (GR), Hungary (HU), Ireland (IE), Italy (IT), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT), Luxembourg (LU), Malta (MT), Netherlands (NL), Poland (PO), Portugal (PT), Romania (RO), Slovakia (SK), Slovenia (SI), Spain (ES), Sweden (SE), United Kingdom (GB).
- Associated Countries: Albania (AL), Bosnia and Herzegovina (BA), Croatia (HR), Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (MK), Faroe Islands (FO), Iceland (IS), Israel (IL), Liechtenstein (LI), Republic of Moldova (MD), Montenegro (ME), Norway (NO), Serbia (RS), Switzerland (CH), Turkey (TR).
- Application: Service requests for INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA services can be submitted via dedicated application forms in response to specific calls that will be widely advertised via Email lists and on the INFRAFRONTIER website. Application forms will be provided on the INFRAFRONTIER website. Applications for the TA services must be accompanied by a short description of the project involving the mutant mice that are phenotyped by the INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA service.
- Selection procedure: Service requests from eligible customers for free of charge access to the INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA services will be subject to a review procedure which will be initiated after calls for TA applications are closed. The review will be based on short descriptions of the projects involving the mouse mutants that are generated or phenotyped by the TA services. Members of the external INFRAFRONTIER Evaluation Committee will assess service requests supported by the TA activity. Selection criteria are 1) availability of ES cells or mice, 2) scientific merit, 3) soundness of submitted proposal and 4) access of applicants to phenotyping facilities. The panel will try to ensure that free access is granted to those users who have not previously benefited from this scheme. Only one access unit will be granted to a principal investigator per call. Applicants will be informed on the outcome of the evaluation within 4 weeks after the end of the call for which the TA application was submitted.
- Acknowledgements: Applicants must acknowledge any support under this scheme in all resulting publications with “Part of this work has been supported by the INFRAFRONTIER-I3 project under the EU contract Grant Agreement Number 312325 of the EC FP7 Capacities Specific Programme”
Page last modified: 22 December 2014