INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA – mouse production service
The EC FP7 funded INFRAFRONTIER-I3 project (2013 – 2016) supports eligible customers with a free of charge mouse production service implemented as a Transnational Access activity providing a total of 30 access units.
- Access unit: The TA mouse production service access unit is defined by the production of a minimum of two heterozygous mice carrying the targeted gene allele of choice from the corresponding validated gene-targeted ES cell clone.
- Cost: The INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA mouse production service is provided free of charge. The free of charge access does also include the shipment cost of produced mice to the customer’s facility (covering shipment cost of up to 800 EUR per shipment). Cost for ES cell purchase from a repository and / or for shipment of ES cells to the INFRAFRONTIER mouse production centers must be covered by the selected applicants.
- Eligibility: Applications for the INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA can be submitted from customers based in eligible countries, namely:
- EU Member States: Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Bulgaria (BG), Cyprus (CY), Czech Republic (CZ), Denmark (DK), Estonia (EE), Finland (FI), France (FR), Germany (DE), Greece (GR), Hungary (HU), Ireland (IE), Italy (IT), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT), Luxembourg (LU), Malta (MT), Netherlands (NL), Poland (PO), Portugal (PT), Romania (RO), Slovakia (SK), Slovenia (SI), Spain (ES), Sweden (SE), United Kingdom (GB).
- Associated Countries: Albania (AL), Bosnia and Herzegovina (BA), Croatia (HR), Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (MK), Faroe Islands (FO), Iceland (IS), Israel (IL), Liechtenstein (LI), Republic of Moldova (MD), Montenegro (ME), Norway (NO), Serbia (RS), Switzerland (CH), Turkey (TR).
- Application: Service requests for the INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA mouse production service can be submitted via dedicated application forms in response to specific calls that will be widely advertised via Email lists and on the INFRAFRONTIER website. Application forms will be provided on the INFRAFRONTIER website. Applications for the TA services must be accompanied by a short description of the project involving the mutant mice being produced by the INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA service. Applications may be submitted in response to a total of 3 calls each providing 10 access units.
- Selection procedure: Service requests from eligible customers for free of charge access to this INFRAFRONTIER-I3 TA service will be subject to a review procedure which will be initiated after calls for TA applications are closed. The review will be based on short descriptions of the projects involving the mouse mutants that are generated by the TA service. Members of the external INFRAFRONTIER Evaluation Committee will assess service requests supported by the TA activity. Selection criteria are 1) availability of ES cells, 2) scientific merit, 3) soundness of submitted proposal and 4) access of applicants to transgenic facilities. The panel will try to ensure that free access is granted to those users who have not previously benefited from this scheme. Only one access unit will be granted to a principal investigator per call. Applicants will be informed on the outcome of the evaluation within 4 weeks after the end of the call for which the TA application was submitted.
- Acknowledgements: Applicants must acknowledge any support under this scheme in all resulting publications with “Part of this work has been supported by the INFRAFRONTIER-I3 project under the EU contract Grant Agreement Number 312325 of the EC FP7 Capacities Specific Programme”